Whether it’s to reach a north pole or push your boundaries in every direction, many people dream of embarking on a physically and mentally demanding polar expedition.
To embark on such a fantastic journey also requires a very large level of commitment in terms of financial investment and time. It’s not cheap otherwise many more people would be doing it and if you are to succeed it will dominate your life for many months. You have to be as certain as you can that you want to do a polar expedition. The Warrior Selection weekend aims to helps us both decide whether to take your dream any further.
On the course we take you out of your comfort zone, just a little and give you a chance to sample what you may have to go through on an extreme expedition. It’s all about teamwork under pressure, ingenuity, innovation, camaraderie, concentration, interpretation, resolve, determination, empathy, communications and – of course – fun.
There are three outcomes:
- To know what you are letting yourself in for
- To be realistic about your capabilities and learn where your shortfalls lie
- To have the right sort of training up to the required level of competence
Everyone who attends enjoys the process but I think a recent comment from Lawrence Shillingworth sums up the event:
‘Jim I really, really enjoyed the weekend but fail to understand exactly why it was so fantastic’.
As well as our opportunity to get to know you and assess if you are suitable to undertake training for a polar expedition it is also your opportunity to learn about us and how we operate. Polar expeditions demand a positive and flexible approach as no matter how well they are planned contingencies are employed all the time.
You will be in a wild environment. BUT:
- We don’t tell you about where you’re going or what you’ll need (clothing and equipment) until three days before the event.
- We don’t inform you about what you’ll be doing until the event itself.
- We don’t set any expectations.
APPLY for the next Warrior Selection ……..you wont regret it!